Microsoft KB Archive/170909
What is a NetShow ASX File?
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft NetShow version 2.0
Microsoft NetShow version 2.0 has two types of ASX files: machine-generated files and hand crafted ASX files.
The machine-generated files are encrypted, and they will allow you to publish an announcement that will support multicast. They are generated in the NetShow Program Manager and are created by right clicking an existing NetShow program and selecting Announce.
This will create an ASX file that you can:
- Link to in the stand-alone player
- Use with an embedded object on a HTML document
- Use with a anchor tag in a HTML document
- Distribute as appropriate.
Additional query words: ns
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: June 23, 1999