Microsoft KB Archive/170751
Article ID: 170751
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02
This article was previously published under Q170751
When you click Options on the View menu in Internet Explorer and then click the Security tab, the Publishers button under Certificates may be unavailable.
This behavior can occur if the Softpub.dll file is missing or damaged.
Rename the Softpub.dll file (if it exists), and then reinstall Internet Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows NT Explorer.
- In the Winnt\System32 folder, right-click the Softpub.dll file, and then click Rename.
- Rename the file to Softpub.xxx.
- Reinstall Internet Explorer. For information about how to do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: 3.02
Keywords: kbui KB170751