Microsoft KB Archive/170672
Article ID: 170672
Article Last Modified on 6/29/2004
- Microsoft SNA Server 3.0
- Microsoft SNA Server 2.11 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft SNA Server 2.11 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SNA Server 3.0 Service Pack 4
- Microsoft SNA Server 4.0
This article was previously published under Q170672
In SNA Server Admin version 2.11 SP1, Security/Owner shows 2 fields, SNA Domain and Owner. The value displayed in the SNA Domain field is actually the value for the NT Domain, rather than for the SNA SubDomain.
With SNA Server version 3.0, in SNA Server Manager under Domain Properties/ Config File Security/Take Ownership, the fields are SNA SubDomain and Owner. The value for SNA SubDomain correctly displays the SNA SubDomain. However, the Owner field displays the complete NT Domain Name/UserName only in some cases.
- If the NT Domain Username and/or Machine account exist in the same domain as the domain that the Owner exists in, the Owner field will display only the UserName.
- If the NT Domain Username and/or Machine account exist in a different domain than the Owner exists in, the Owner field will display both the NT Domain Name and the UserName.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in the latest SNA Server version 3.0 U.S. Service Pack. For information on obtaining this Service Pack, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (without the spaces):
S E R V P A C K
Keywords: kbbug KB170672