Microsoft KB Archive/170582
Article ID: 170582
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170582
You may see the error message:
Other symptoms include poor performance, inability to open Control Panel, and inability to open the Services icon in Control Panel. Clicking My Computer takes a long time to enumerate network resources.
Backup Exec version 6.11 Rev. 184 installs an RPC service that conflicts with the standard Windows NT RPC service.
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Disable the Backup Exec RPC service by performing the following steps:
- Run Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Go to the following registry key:
- Change the Start value to 0x4 (hexadecimal).
- Upgrade to Backup Exec version 6.11 Rev. 112. Please contact Seagate for more information.
- By booting to a DOS diskette or through a parallel installation, rename backupexec\nt\bediag.exe to ~bediag.exe.
Backup Exec is a third-party product manufactured by Seagate, Inc., a vendor independent of Microsoft; Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: prodnt backupexec backup executive
Keywords: kb3rdparty KB170582