Microsoft KB Archive/170519
SAMPLE: August 1997 Microsoft Systems Journal Code
The information in this article applies to:
- The Microsoft Systems Journal (MSJ) for August 1997
This article summarizes the content of the August 1997 issue of Microsoft Systems Journal and explains how to download a single file from the Microsoft Software Library (MSL) that contains all the code samples available in the August 1997 issue.
To obtain all the code available in the August 1997 issue, download and run MSJAUG97.ZIP in an empty directory.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Software Library:
For more information about downloading files from the Microsoft Software Library, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
August 1997 Microsoft Systems Journal Content
The August 1997 Microsoft Systems Journal contains the following topics:
- Ingenious Ways to Implement Multiple Threads in Visual Basic 5.0, Part I. While the methodology may not seem obvious, it is possible to write multithreaded applications in Visual Basic 5.0 by using the AddressOf operator and some Win32 APIs. We'll explain how these facilities will help you build a thread-safe application. By John Robbins.
- Fashionable App Designers Agree: The Free Threading Model is What's Hot This Fall. Worried that your app's looking tired wearing last year's threads? The simple, clean lines of the free threading model cover you with only the barest minimum of marshaling calls. Join us as we watch this sassy new multithreading model work the runway. By David Platt.
- Microsoft Transaction Server Helps You Write Scalable, Distributed Internet Apps. Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) lets you concentrate on the business logic of your Internet or intranet server app. Our sample program takes you through the fundamental MTS development and deployment steps. By Dave Reed, Tracey Trewin, and Mai-lan Tomsen.
- Plus: Under the Hood, Wicked Code, The Visual Programmer, and Visual C++ Questions & Answers.
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbfile kbprg msj
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: January 8, 2000