Microsoft KB Archive/170488
Article ID: 170488
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170488
- When you use the Windows NT 4.0 SCSI Adapters utility in Control Panel to add a new SCSI adapter, the list of SCSI adapters is not displayed and no error messages appear.
- When you use the Windows NT 3.51 Add/Remove SCSI Adapter feature of Windows NT Setup, you may receive the following error message:
These problems may occur if the file Scsi.inf is missing, corrupted, or overwritten by a third-party Scsi.inf file.
To resolve this problem, use the Windows NT Expand utility to expand the Scsi.inf file from the Windows NT CD-ROM to the proper folder. For Windows NT 4.0, place the file in the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder. For Windows NT 3.51, place the file in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder.
Expand d:\i386\SCSI.IN_ c:\winnt40\inf\Scsi.inf
The list of SCSI devices is now available.
Additionally, a third-party SCSI driver can be installed from the disk or CD-ROM provided with the adapter, through the Have Disk option.
Additional query words: loading driver empty
Keywords: kbenv KB170488