Microsoft KB Archive/170388
Microsoft Knowledge Base
INFO: Installing FLEXlm for SOFTIMAGE 3D and SOFTIMAGE Eddiev3.5
Last reviewed: June 20, 1997
Article ID: Q170388
The information in this article applies to:
- Softimage 3D for IRIX, version 3.7
- Softimage Eddie for IRIX, version 3.5
This article is provided to show you where to install FLEXlm for SOFTIMAGE 3D (SI3D) and SOFTIMAGE Eddie. Both SI3D and SOFTIMAGE Eddie come complete with FLEXlm, but only one copy of FLEXlm is required to run the two products. If you install FLEXlm for both SI3D and SI Eddie, a conflict occurs that prevents one of the products from running.
If you have already installed FLEXlm from both the SI3D and the SI Eddie CD- ROMs, and are experiencing problems, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
titled "Running SOFTIMAGE 3D and SOFTIMAGE Eddie"
If you have not installed FLEXlm for SI3D or SI Eddie, complete the following procedure:
- Install the latest FLEXlm software, v5.0, from the SI3D CD-ROM. See "Installing the FLEXlm License" in the SOFTIMAGE 3D Installation Guide on page 17.
- You must modify the FLEXlm paths in the SI Eddie License dialog box. To do this, launch the SI Eddie installation program. (Refer to "Accessing the Installation Program" in the SOFTIMAGE Eddie Installation Guide on page 6.)
- From the Installation dialog box, choose Licensing->License Server Administration.
The Licensing dialog box appears.
Because you already have FLEXlm installed in a directory other than the SI Eddie default location, you do not want to install a second instance of FLEXlm. In the Target directory for FLEXlm License Software box, you must set the location of FLEXlm for SI Eddie so that it matches the SI3D FLEXlm location. Click Ok.
- Set the same path for the remaining two text boxes, clicking OK after each entry. The Configure Server button will now be dimmed and the remaining configuration buttons will now be active.
- Continue with "Sending the License Request" in the SOFTIMAGE Eddie Installation Guide on page 13.
- When you have received your license from Softimage, click Edit License in the Licensing dialog box. The Edit License File dialog box appears showing your SI3D license.
- Copy and paste the PACKAGE and INCREMENT lines of your SI Eddie license file to the bottom of the existing license file. Review the file and verify that duplicate information does not exist. Click Save when finished.
Copy the files lmsoftgrs and lmsoftgrsed from the SOFTIMAGE Eddie v3.5 CD-ROM to the directory specified on the DAEMON line in the existing FLEXlm license file. The following example assumes that FLEXlm is in the default location:
cp /CDROM/flexlm/bin/lmsoftgrs /usr/softimage/flexlm/bin cp /CDROM/flexlm/bin/lmsoftgrsed /usr/softimage/flexlm/bin
- From the Licensing dialog box, click Start Server. This starts the Softimage vendor daemon.
- Continue with the section "Setting Up a User Account" in the SOFTIMAGE Eddie Installation Guide on page 20.
Knowledge Base article titled Running SOFTIMAGE 3D and SOFTIMAGE Eddie.
SOFTIMAGE Eddie Installation Guide Version 3.5.
If you have any problems with the information contained in this article, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
Keywords : ed edsetup kbgraphic kbsetup kbtshoot si si3d si3dinst si3dsetup kbinfo
Last reviewed: June 20, 1997