Microsoft KB Archive/170274
Article ID: 170274
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170274
The Microsoft Exchange Dynamic RAS Connector can be configured to connect two different Microsoft Exchange Organizations. This article describles some details that must be configured correctly to get mail flowing in both directions.
The Microsoft Exchange Administrator's guide, on page 190, refers to Connected Sites. To connect two different Organizations, the Connected Sites Property page of the Dynamic RAS connector must be configured properly. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program.
- Click the New button to add a new Site.
- In the dialog that appears, enter in the information about the Site. It is important to note that the Organization defaults to your Organization name. This entry must be changed to reflect the Organization that you will be connecting to.
- Click the Routing tab and verify that the X.400 routing information matches the X.400 Site Addressing of the other Site.
- Click the OK button to add the Connected Site.
After this is complete, recalculate the routing for the changes to be updated. Repeat this process on the other Microsoft Exchange Server. Once this is complete, it will be possible to send mail in both directions. To update the Global Address List, X.400 custom recipients can be used. This can be obtained by exporting both Directories and importing them into the other Site. For information on how to use import, refer to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
152659 XADM: Importing Exchange Accounts from Another Organization
NOTE: Connected Sites should list only those Sites that are directly adjacent to the connector. Knowledge of all other Sites can only be inherited through directory replication and directory replication will not occurr between two different Microsoft Exchange Organizations.
Additional query words: synchronization DRAS separate org orgs
Keywords: kbusage KB170274