Microsoft KB Archive/170243
Article ID: 170243
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170243
Durations that have a decimal value will be rounded up when you open or save a file in the following formats:
- Comma-separated variable text (.csv)
- ASCII text (.txt)
- Microsoft Project 4.0 format (.mpx)
This behavior occurs when the start and finish dates in the project file use a date only format rather than a date and time format. For example, this behavior occurs when you use a date format like this:
January 31, 1998
but the behavior does not occur when you use a date and time format like this:
January 31, 1998 12:33 PM
1/31/98 12:33 PM
To preserve decimal values in the durations for a task, use a date and time format for the start and finish times before you import or export the file. To do this, use the following steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the View tab.
- In the Date list, select a date format that contains the time. For example, click "1/31/98 12:33 PM".
- Click OK.
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop kbpending KB170243