Microsoft KB Archive/170022
Article ID: 170022
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170022
When you try to send a snapshot to a fax service by using the Send command on the File menu in the Microsoft Access Database window and selecting Snapshot Format in the Send dialog box, you may not be able to send it successfully.
A problem exists with the Snapshot viewer components.
A newer version of the Snapshot viewer is available for download from the Microsoft Web Site. For more information about obtaining this file, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
175274 Microsoft Snapshot Viewer Available in Download Center
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
NOTE: Following these steps requires that you have Microsoft Fax set up as a service on your computer.
- In Microsoft Access 97 SR-1, open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- In the Database window, select a report, and then click Send on the File menu.
- In the Send dialog box, select Snapshot Format, and then click OK. Note that you receive a message stating that the report is being outputted to a mail message.
In the new mail message that appears, in the To line, type the fax address to which you want to send the message in the format
where faxnumber can be any valid fax number for testing purpose. For example, type [fax: JoeSmith@+1(972)752-1327].
- Click Send. Note that it takes a moment for the Fax service to start, and then it says that it is formatting the message. Then, a few minutes later, you receive an e-mail message saying that your faxed message failed. Your faxed message never appears in your Send folder. You do receive a return message from the fax service indicating that the .snp file cannot be found.
NOTE: You can successfully send other faxes and other faxes with attached files from other applications.
Additional query words: access snapshot viewer fax unable attachment can't
Keywords: kbbug KB170022