Microsoft KB Archive/170009
Article ID: 170009
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170009
On a compressed NTFS partition, the Microsoft Exchange Server information store, may get corrupted when its size reaches about 4 gigabytes (GB). This can cause failure of the information store.
A compressed NTFS partition can adversely affect the Microsoft Exchange Server by causing one or more of the following problems:
- High CPU utilization.
- Enumeration of large NTFS directory may take a long time.
- Degradation of NTAS server with NTFS partition that includes many Files.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Keywords: kbprb KB170009