Microsoft KB Archive/170002
Article ID: 170002
Article Last Modified on 4/28/2005
- Microsoft Exchange Client 4.0
- Microsoft Exchange Client 5.0
This article was previously published under Q170002
When running a Microsoft Exchange Client using the Citrix WinFrame interface, you cannot include attachments in messages that you send.
If the Exchange client using the WinFrame interface cannot send attachments, check the following:
- Verify the client can send a mail message without an attachment.
- Check the permissions on the Frmcache.dat file.
- Start Windows Explorer. Select the NTFS partition in the left window of Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Find and click Files or Folders.
- Type Frmcache.dat in the Named window and click Find Now.
- In the file location window, right click on the Frmcache.dat file and select Properties.
- To verify permissions, make sure that Full Control is selected for the group Everyone.
- Reinstall the client on the Citrix computer. To reinstall the Exchange client on Citrix computer:
- From the MS-DOS prompt, type Change user / install. This sets the Citrix session into the Install mode.
- Install the Exchange client (do not start the client).
- From the MS-DOS prompt, type Change user / Execute. This sets the Citrix session back into the Execute / Run mode. The client should be fully functional
- Verify permissions on the Frmcache.dat file (see the previous paragraph).
Citrix WinFrame will allow the Microsoft Exchange client to run on the WinFrame interface. However, this interface only passes video and keystrokes because all client processing is done at the Winframe server.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
159563 XCLN: Citrix WinFrame FAQ
Additional query words: winframe insert file
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbbug kbpending KB170002