Microsoft KB Archive/169990
Article ID: 169990
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169990
In a multi-column text frame, text flow is automatically turned on. The flow is left to right from one column to the next. A column must be filled before the next column is started. And, when the font size and line spacing are the same for each column, the bottom line of text in each column should line up. If two columns have a different mix of font size and line spacing, however, then the bottom line of one column may be off by as much as one line.
You can balance the bottom lines of the columns by slightly resizing the text frame. To do this:
- Place the mouse pointer on the middle sizing handle on the bottom border of the text frame.
- Hold down the left mouse button and move the sizing handle up or down far enough to effect the text flow between columns.
- Find a size setting that allows the bottom lines of text to be even throughout the columns.
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB169990