Microsoft KB Archive/169920
Article ID: 169920
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.5 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q169920
This article describes how to change the location of the cache folder for Internet Explorer version 3.01a, 4.0, 4.01, 4.5 for Macintosh.
The default cache folder for Internet Explorer for Macintosh versions 3.01a, 4.0 and 4.01 is the "System Folder:Preferences:Explorer:Explorer Cache" folder. The default cache folder for Internet Explorer for Macintosh version 4.5 is the "System Folder:Preferences:MS Internet Cache" folder. To change the location of the cache, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Preferences on the Edit menu.
- In the Web Browser list, click Advanced, and then click Change Location in the Cache section.
- Select a new location for the cache folder, and then click Select Folder (where Folder is the new cache location).
If the cache folder is deleted, Internet Explorer automatically creates a new folder in the location you specified.
Additional query words: ie301a ie40 4.00
Keywords: kbhowto KB169920