Microsoft KB Archive/169766
Article ID: 169766
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169766
When you quit Microsoft Excel, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Details, you receive an error message similar to the following:
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- A 16-bit version of Lotus Notes, such as version 4.10 or 4.13, is installed on your computer. -and-
- In Lotus Notes, you create a custom form that contains a Microsoft Excel Worksheet object. -and-
- You switch to (by right-clicking and clicking Open) and then exit (by clicking Exit on the File menu) the Microsoft Excel Worksheet object twice.
To work around this problem, do not switch to, and then exit a Microsoft Excel Worksheet object more than once if it is contained in a custom form in Lotus Notes. If you must switch to the worksheet object a second time, Microsoft recommends that you first quit, and then restart Lotus Notes.
Or, instead of switching to the worksheet object by clicking Open on the shortcut menu, click Edit, and then edit the worksheet object inside Lotus Notes.
Note that the problem described in this article does not occur when you use a 32-bit version of Lotus Notes.
This problem occurs when you use Microsoft Excel 7.0 or Microsoft Excel 97 and a 16-bit version of Lotus Notes.
Lotus Notes is manufactured by Lotus Development Corporation, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 95 XL97 XL7 7.00a 0137:bff9a07c activate XL
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB169766