Microsoft KB Archive/169756
Article ID: 169756
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169756
Each process running under the LinkAge Controller generates messages that the controller consolidates into a log file. The name, location, and size of the log file are specified in the LinkAge configuration file (Linkage.ini).
The Log Browser provides a way of viewing the log files produced by the LinkAge Controller. Use the Log Browser to monitor message traffic and status, as well as to assist in problem determination and error handling.
To start the Log Browser, double-click on the Log Browser entry in the LinkAge Overview window. The Log Browser window displays the information about each message, including the following:
- the level of severity
- the date and time the log message was generated
- the process name that generated the message
- the identifier of the message from the LinkAge message file
- the log message text
- the name of the module that generated the message
- the line number in the source code of that module
- a unique identifier for the individual message
When you are investigating problems, increase the level of message detail by using the Set Message Level option on the Options menu. You may also need to use the Display From option under the View menu to display messages written to the log file during a particular date and time.
For complete information about using the Log Browser, refer to online Help.
Keywords: kbinfo KB169756