Microsoft KB Archive/169731
Article ID: 169731
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Project 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169731
Options in the Paste Special dialog box are unavailable (dimmed) when you attempt to Paste a Microsoft Excel 97 Chart object in the Notes pane in a Microsoft Project file.
The Paste Special command recognizes picture and text formats; it does not recognize objects.
To work around this problem and insert an object in the Notes pane, use any of the following methods:
- Right-click the Notes pane and then click Object on the menu that appears.
- Click the Insert Object button on the Notes toolbar.
- Use a drag and drop operation to move the object from Microsoft Excel to the Notes pane in Microsoft Project.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft Project listed above.
Additional query words: prj2000
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop kbpending KB169731