Microsoft KB Archive/169629
Article ID: 169629
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169629
In a multiple-site environment, sites other than the site where LinkAge Message Exchange is installed need the proxy generator and the address template to send and receive mail with the connected systems.
The following steps are necessary to install the proxy generator and the address template for the LinkAge Exchange-SNADS Connector on a site that is separate from the site where the connector is installed.
- The following files are required for these steps and can be obtained from the C:\Linkage\Install directory, located on the currently installed LinkAge connector.
- Create a C:\Linkage\Install directory on the Exchange Server computer in the site where the proxy generator and the address template are to be installed, and copy the above files into this directory.
- Create the following directory where the SNADS proxy address generator will exist:
- Copy the following file into the directory created in step 3:
- To install the SNADS address template on the Exchange Server computer, run the following command from the C:\Linkage\Install directory:
mexitmpl "/org=MEXOrganization" "/site=MEXSite"
- Check the following files to see if any errors occurred with the above command:
- To install the proxy address rule and to optionally generate proxy addresses, run the following command from the C:\Linkage\Install directory:
mexiaddr "/org=MEXOrganization" "/site=MEXSite"
/ADDRTYPE=SNADS /MACHINE=I386 "/PROXYRULE=SNADS:nodeid(&m)"
Replace nodeid with the node ID assigned to the connector.If proxy addresses are NOT to be generated, then insert /NOGENADDR before the /SF.
- Check the following file to see if any errors occurred with the above command:
Keywords: kbhowto KB169629