Microsoft KB Archive/169368
Article ID: 169368
Article Last Modified on 12/11/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q169368
In Visual FoxPro 5.0 or 5.0a, adding a Threed(3D) Frame ActiveX control to a modal Form causes the modal form to disappear when you run the form.
There are two workarounds for this problem:
- Change the WindowType property of the form to 0-modeless. -or-
- Assuming the WindowType property is set to 1-modal, change the Visible property of the 3D Frame ActiveX control to false (.F.) at design-time then set the Visible property of the 3D Frame control to .T. in the Activate event of the form.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a new form.
- Set the WindowType property of the form to 1 - modal.
- Add a Threed Frame control to the form.
- Save and run the form. Note that the form disappears and remains invisible.