Microsoft KB Archive/169332
Article ID: 169332
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q169332
Attempting to change the object name of a Visual Basic Project prior to saving results in the following error:
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This has been fixed with Visual Studio Service Pack 1.
For additional information about the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Delete the repository.mdb.
- Start a new Standard EXE project.
- Select the project file in the Project Explorer window.
- In the Properties window, change the name to a DBCS name.
- Save the project and add to Source code control.(Adding to SCC may or may not contribute to the described behavior.)
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp1fix kbvs97sp2fix kbvbp500sp1fix KB169332