Microsoft KB Archive/169320
Article ID: 169320
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q169320
When you try to configure the Internet Mail information service for Windows Messaging, the Connect Using A Modem option may be unavailable.
This behavior may occur if:
- Dial-Up Networking is not installed.
- You have not created a Dial-Up Networking phone book entry.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Install Dial-Up Networking. If Dial-Up Networking is already installed, skip to the next step.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Dial-Up Networking.
- When you receive the error message "The phonebook is empty," click OK, and then follow the instructions on the screen for creating a new phone book entry.
- Restart your computer.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbnetwork KB169320