Microsoft KB Archive/169316
Article ID: 169316
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2003
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169316
This article tells you how to install WAN services for Eicon on Windows NT Server.
To Install WAN Services for Eicon on Windows NT Server 3.51:
- Get the WAN Services for Eicon from the Eicon CD.
- Make sure to apply the appropriate service packs after adding the software. Refer to Eicon documentation on how to install the WAN Services. The WAN Services for Eicon must be V3R4b.
To install WAN Services for Eicon on Windows NT 4.0:
- Install the EICON WAN Services for Windows NT from the Windows NT 4.0 CD. The WAN Services for Eicon must be V3R4b.
- Exchange Server also requires the X.25 NLD Toolkit for Windows NT 1.3b Build 105 (X25ntm9.dll). This file is installed by Exchange Server Setup under Exchsrvr\Bin and Exchsrvr\Connect\Msmcon\Bin.
In order for Exchange Server to perform correctly you must be running the correct version of WAN Services for NT. If the EICON X.25 service fails to start this is probably a driver version issue. If the EICON service starts but no messages are received it could be an EICON/Exchange configuration issue.
The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Keywords: kbinfo kbsetup kb3rdparty KB169316