Microsoft KB Archive/169307
Article ID: 169307
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q169307
RepUtil:CompactJetRepository doesn't work with DSN Names.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This has been fixed with Visual Studio Service Pack 1.
For additional information about the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
Steps to Reproduce
- Set up a DSN that points to a Jet repository.
- Pass the DSN name into CompactJetRepository function.
The code should recognize that the DSN points to a valid Jet database.
The Repository returns a "Failed to compact the database" error.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp1fix kbvs97sp2fix kbvbp500sp1fix KB169307