Microsoft KB Archive/169305
Article ID: 169305
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q169305
A repository error occurs after halting execution in break-mode edit.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This has been fixed with Visual Studio Service Pack 1.
For additional information about the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new ActiveX control.
View-code of control and place the following text:
Option Explicit Private Myfunc1 Private Sub UserControl_InitProperties() Myfunc1 = "Hi" End Sub Public Property Let Myfunc1(btest) ' notice marz does not exist (should be btest) Myfunc1 = marz End Property Public Property Get ftest() Myfunc1 = Myfunc1 End Property
- Close the control.
- Add a new standard.exe project.
- Place the control on the form. You'll get a compile error on the assignment in the Myfunc1 property let:
- Halt execution (run->end).
- No error
- You get the following error:
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp1fix kbvs97sp2fix kbvbp500sp1fix KB169305