Microsoft KB Archive/169278
Article ID: 169278
Article Last Modified on 2/12/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169278
Advanced: Requires expert coding, interoperability, and multiuser skills.
When you try to add a Microsoft Access 97 database to a Microsoft Visual SourceSafe project database while a module is in break mode, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Yes, Microsoft Access stops responding (hangs).
You cannot add a database to a Visual SourceSafe project database while a module is in break mode.
When asked if you want Microsoft Access to close the database, click No, reset or close the module, and then retry adding the database to Visual SourceSafe.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 97. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open Microsoft Access 97 and create a new database.
Create a new module, and type the following procedure:
Sub MySub() Msgbox "Hello" Stop Msgbox "Goodbye" End Sub
- Run the procedure from the Debug window until the procedure enters break mode.
- On the Tools menu, point to SourceSafe, and then click Add Database to SourceSafe.
- Note that you receive the error message mentioned in the "Symptoms" section. Click Yes. Note that Microsoft Access hangs.
Keywords: kbbug KB169278