Microsoft KB Archive/169257
Article ID: 169257
Article Last Modified on 5/1/2001
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 4.0a
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169257
Certain SourceSafe operations by default implicitly GET a local copy of a file. This is partially documented in the Online Help for the -G command line option
The following commands perform a GET when they are executed from the command line or the Visual SourceSafe Explorer:
This is by design. SourceSafe assumes that changes made to files in a project should be echoed to the project's working folder (directory). The GET does not happen under two conditions:
- If there is no working folder set for the project in the Visual SourceSafe Explorer.
- When you use the -G- switch on the command line.
For some of these operations, the Visual SourceSafe Explorer provides a way to override the default behavior. For more information, please refer to the User's guide and Online Help for the individual commands.
Keywords: kbinfo KB169257