Microsoft KB Archive/169254
PSS ID Number: 169254
Article Last Modified on 6/29/2004
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft FoxBASE+ for Macintosh 2.01
This article was previously published under Q169254
When installing FoxBASE+ on a Macintosh from Disk 1, you may receive the following error messages:
You are running FoxInstall from Disk 1, but it should be copied to the FOX folder on your hard drive and run from the hard drive.
See Page Q-2 of the "Quick Start" manual to avoid this error. See text excerpt below.
This behavior is by design.
Use the following instructions for setting up your Macintosh FoxBASE+ software.
- Create a new folder and name it FOX.
- Open the distribution disk and drag all the files to the FOX folder.
- Open the FOX folder and double-click the FoxInstall icon.
- Enter your serial number, then enter either the demonstration or live activation key.
- Start FoxBASE+/Mac by double-clicking the fox head icon.
You will also want to drag the files from Disk 2 Microsoft FoxBASE+ for Apple Macintosh into the "FOXBASE+" default folder that is created by running the FoxInstall.
Quick Start, Setup, Disk 1 Program, Disk Assy 224-096-003, 224-098-004, reinstall
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbsetup KB169254
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbFoxBASE201Mac kbFoxBASESearch kbFoxproSearch kbHWMAC kbOSMAC