Microsoft KB Archive/169209
Article ID: 169209
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q169209
After you install the IntelliPoint 2.0 software for the Microsoft IntelliMouse, some options are not available in the mouse configuration tool. Also, if you enable the Turn On Wheel option on the Wheel tab, you receive the following error message:
The IntelliPoint version of the mouse driver is not started.
The IntelliPoint software includes replacements for the following device drivers: I8042, Busmou, Inport, and Sermou. The IntelliPoint versions are MSi8042, MSbumou, MSinport, and MSsermou.
To enable the IntelliPoint version of the mouse driver, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, double-click Devices.
- Click the driver that is currently being used for your mouse and set the Startup option to Disabled. For example, if you are using a serial mouse, locate the Sermou driver and set the Startup option to Disabled.
- Click the IntelliPoint version of the driver and set the Startup option to System.
- Restart the computer.
Keywords: kbenv kbhardware KB169209