Microsoft KB Archive/169165
Article ID: 169165
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Professional Edition
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
This article was previously published under Q169165
After you install Microsoft Office 97 Professional Edition with Microsoft IntelliMouse on an IBM Aptiva computer with an MWave DSP sound card (the sound card/modem version), sounds may be played incorrectly.
The mouse driver for the IntelliMouse may conflict with the drivers for the MWave sound/modem device.
To work around this problem, remove the IntelliPoint software. To do this, use the following steps:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs tab.
- Click IntelliPoint 2.0 in the list of installed software.
- Click Add/Remove.
- Click OK to remove the IntelliPoint software.
NOTE: The Microsoft IntelliMouse functions as a Microsoft Mouse even if you remove the IntelliPoint software.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: off97 wheel aptiva IBM actt
Keywords: kbtshoot kbhardware kb3rdparty KB169165