Microsoft KB Archive/169137
Article ID: 169137
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169137
The default template information as appears within the Exchange Administrator when creating a new mailbox cannot be modified.
For example, the general property page of the mailbox cannot be modified to replace the words Zip Code with the words Postal Code.
The Custom Attributes property page of the mailbox object contains 10 unique fields. Use the Custom Attributes property page on the mailbox object or while creating a new mailbox to track any information about the recipients in your site.
You can also define site wide custom attribute fields using the DS Site Configuration object Custom Attributes property page. The fields you define on the DS Site Configuration object Custom Attributes property page appear on the Custom Attributes property page for all recipients in your site.
For example, suppose your company uses an employee ID numbering system. You can create a custom attribute field called "Employee ID#" on the DS Site Configuration object Custom Attributes property page. The Employee ID# field then appears on the Custom Attributes property page of every recipient.
Use details templates to customize Microsoft Exchange Server dialog boxes as seen within the Exchange Client.
You can use the Templates property page to view all the fields and controls that make up an existing Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box.
You can modify existing controls, add new controls, or remove controls. You can also test the appearance of the dialog box before accepting your changes. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program.
- In the left pane, double-click on the following container objects:
- Details Templates
- Also in the left pane, double-click one of the template objects.
- In the right pane, double-click Mailbox.
- Click the Templates tab. On this properties page, you can modify, add, or delete items from the template. It also allows you to preview the template before accepting it.
Keywords: kbhowto KB169137