Microsoft KB Archive/169081
Article ID: 169081
Article Last Modified on 10/1/2001
- Microsoft FrontPage 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169081
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 194439.
When you attempt to load a page which contains a JPEG File Interchange Format (JPEG) or CompuServe Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) image, you receive the following error:
- The address of the invalid page fault may vary.
- This problem occurs under both Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows NT, version 4.0.
This problem occurs when all of the following are true:
- You installed Microsoft Plus! For Windows 95.
- You installed Microsoft FrontPage or Microsoft Image Composer 1.0.
- You tried to open a .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg file in Microsoft Paint.
This behavior occurs because the Microsoft Paint program, Mspaint.exe, is incompatible with the new version of the JPEG graphics filter (Jpegim32.flt) that is installed by Microsoft FrontPage and Microsoft Image Composer.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Paint.
Microsoft Paint, included in Microsoft Windows 95, is able to work with a JPEG filter called Jpegim32.flt that is installed as part of Microsoft Plus! For Windows 95. When you install Microsoft FrontPage or Microsoft Image Composer, a new version of the JPEG filter is installed, replacing the old Jpegim32.flt.
Because of the way in which the MSPAINT.EXE program calls the JPEG filter, MSPAINT causes an invalid page fault in MSPAINT.EXE if the new Jpegim32.flt file is installed.
Additional query words: front page
Keywords: kbprb kbgraphic KB169081