Microsoft KB Archive/169069
Article ID: 169069
Article Last Modified on 11/9/2000
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169069
When you run the Setup.ppa file in the \ValuPack\Template\Present folder on the PowerPoint 97 or Microsoft Office 97 compact disc, you receive the following error:
Setup.ppa is a PowerPoint add-in that installs extra presentation templates that are integrated with the AutoContent Wizard.
This problem occurs when you run the Setup.ppa file from a different location than from where you installed PowerPoint. For example, if you install PowerPoint from a network server, and then run Setup.ppa from your CD-ROM drive, you will receive the error.
If you performed an administrative setup of Microsoft Office 97 or PowerPoint 97 and want people who install PowerPoint from this network location to be able to install the additional AutoContent Wizard templates, use the following steps.
NOTE: These steps assume that you installed Office into the default folder (\Msoffice).
- On the network drive, create the following folder:
- Copy all the files from the \ValuPack\Template\Present folder on the PowerPoint 97 or Microsoft Office 97 compact disc to the folder you created in step 1.
If you installed PowerPoint 97 from an administrative setup and you do not have administrative rights, you can manually add the templates for your own individual installation by copying the *.pot files (located in the \ValuPack\Template\Present folder on the compact disc) to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\Presentations folder on your hard disk.
To use the new templates from the PowerPoint 97 AutoContent Wizard, do the following:
- Start PowerPoint 97.
- Click AutoContent Wizard and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click one of the presentation type buttons, such as General or Corporate. Do not click All or Carnegie Coach.
- Click Add.
- In the Select Presentation Template dialog box, select the template you want, and then click Open.
- If you want to select more than one file, press and hold down the CTRL key as you click the file names.
- If you want to delete several files whose names appear consecutively, click the first file name you want to add, then press and hold down the SHIFT key as you click the last file name that you want to add.
- Click Finish.
The following templates are stored in the \ValuPack\Template\Present folder on the PowerPoint 97 and Microsoft Office 97 compact disc:
Badnws_o.pot Badnws_s.pot Brain_o.pot Brain_s.pot Certif_o.pot Certif_s.pot Corpov_o.pot Corpov_s.pot Facil_o.pot Facil_s.pot Locate_o.pot Locate_s.pot Netwk_o.pot Netwk_s.pot Orient_o.pot Orient_s.pot Pstmrt_o.pot Pstmrt_s.pot Schedl_o.pot Schedl_s.pot Sell_o.pot Sell_s.pot Train_o.pot Strain_s.pot Whowho_o.pot Whowho_s.pot
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft PowerPoint 97 for Windows and Microsoft Office 97 for Windows. We are researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Additional query words: 97 ppt97 ppt8 ppt8.0 valpack design presentation templates additional PowerPoint 7.0 ppt95 old previous version
Keywords: kbtemplate KB169069