Microsoft KB Archive/168973
Article ID: 168973
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Excel Viewer 97
This article was previously published under Q168973
If you have a Microsoft Excel 97 workbook open in the Microsoft Excel 97 Viewer, you may not be able to edit any Automation objects that are in the open workbook.
There is no work around for this behavior in the Microsoft Excel 97 Viewer. To edit an Automation object in a Microsoft Excel 97 workbook, you must open the workbook in the Microsoft Excel 97 program and edit the object there.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
In the Microsoft Excel 95 Viewer, you can edit Automation objects in a Microsoft Excel workbook. If you want to use a Microsoft Excel 97 workbook with the Microsoft Excel 95 Viewer, you must save the Microsoft Excel 97 workbook in the Microsoft Excel 95 format. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Excel 97.
- Open the workbook that needs to be saved in the Microsoft Excel 95 format.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save As Type box, select Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 (*.xls), and then click Save.
Additional query words: XL97 xlviewer
Keywords: kbbug KB168973