Microsoft KB Archive/168924
Article ID: 168924
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168924
When you print to a file with a HP LaserJet 5Si Mx PostScript driver, the output file contains an offending PJL command, which causes the entire PostScript file to print as plain text when sending to a PostScript printer.
With Windows NT 3.51, when you print to a file with a HP LaserJet 5SiMx postscript driver, it works correctly.
@PJL commands are for job control purpose. You will have to disable the job control commands from the PostScript output if you are generating PostScript files to be post-processed by other programs.
You can disable the job control commands through the user interfaces by following these steps:
- On Start, click Settings and then click Printers.
- Click the HP 5Si Mx printer icon one time and then select Document Defaults from the File menu.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Open Document Options and then open PostScript options
- Select the Generate Job Code option, set it to No, and then click OK.
Additional query words: command
Keywords: kbinfo kbprint KB168924