Microsoft KB Archive/168874
Article ID: 168874
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168874
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you use the "Publish to the Web Wizard" to create an HTML file from a data-definition or a SQL pass-through query, the wizard fails, and you receive the following error message:
Even though they appear in the list of queries that you can use in the "Publish to the Web Wizard," data-definition and SQL pass-through queries that do not return any records cannot be used in the wizard.
When you use the "Publish to the Web Wizard," only use queries that return records.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- Create a new query in Design view.
- Click Close in the Show Table box.
- On the Query menu, point to SQL Specific, and then click Data Definition.
- In the Data Definition Query window, type the following SQL statement:
CREATE TABLE MyTable (FirstName TEXT, LastName TEXT);
- Save and close the query as Query1.
- On the File menu, click Save As HTML.
- Click Next on the opening screen of the "Publish to the Web Wizard."
- On the "What do you want to publish?" screen, click the Queries tab, click to select the Query1 check box, and then click Finish.
Note that you receive the error message mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
For more information about the "Publish to the Web Wizard" and other Internet features, search the Help Index for "Publish to the Web Wizard," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Keywords: kbinterop kbprb KB168874