Microsoft KB Archive/168846
Article ID: 168846
Article Last Modified on 10/16/2002
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q168846
The text that appears in the InfoViewer Topic Window is invisible. The jumps remain visible on a blank screen.
The Display Settings are set to a color scheme that contains "High Contrast Black", for example, High Contrast Black, High Contrast Black(Large), High Contrast Black(Extra Large).
To resolve this problem for Visual Studio 97, change the Display Settings to another color scheme. Please see the MORE INFORMATION section of this article for details.
Microsoft Visual Studio, version 6.0 uses HTML Help rather than the InfoViewer for its Online Help system. HTML Help fixes this problem by making the colors on the topic pages independent of the system's Display Settings.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Visual Studio, version 6.0.
The text disappears because the background and foreground colors are white (white on white). The color settings for the InfoViewer must be set to use Windows Colors.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Click the Start button and click Settings.
- From the Settings menu, click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Display icon, and then click the Appearance tab.
- From the Scheme menu, select one of the High Contrast Black options.
- In Visual Studio, click a Help topic. All of the regular text in the InfoViewer Topic Window is not displayed.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvs600fix KB168846