Microsoft KB Archive/168807
Article ID: 168807
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168807
WARNING: The information in this article has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Some or all of the information in this article has been taken from unconfirmed customer reports. ANY USE BY YOU OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Microsoft provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
When using the AutoDialer from a Microsoft Outlook 97 Contact, you may receive the following error message:
You are using virus protection software called, PC-cillin 95, from Trend Micro.
Wait for dial tone before dialing is enabled.
Quit PC-cillin 95 before using the Outlook Contact AutoDialer as follows:
- Right-click the PC-cillin 95 icon on the lower right corner of the Windows Taskbar.
- Click "Unload PC-cillin 95." This removes PC-cillin 95 from memory.
- To restart the program, click PC-cillin 95 on the Windows Program menu.
NOTE: Unloading is not the same as uninstalling PC-cillin 95. Unloading and restarting PC-cillin 95 does not require you to restart Windows and has no effect on the installation of the program.
Disable Wait for dial tone before dialing:
- Click Start, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Modems.
- Click the name of the modem, click Properties, then click the Connection tab.
- Click to uncheck Wait for dial tone before dialing, click OK and Close, then close Control Panel.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Open an Outlook Contact.
- On the Toolbar, click the AutoDialer icon.
- In the New Call dialog, click Start Call.
RESULT: If you are running PC-cillin 95, you get the error message above.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Keywords: kb3rdparty kberrmsg KB168807