Microsoft KB Archive/168797
Article ID: 168797
Article Last Modified on 6/28/2004
- Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 32-Bit Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q168797
When you try to insert a 16x16 icon into the ImageList Control, the control recreates the icon into a 32x32 icon and uses the larger icon instead.
To work around this bug, click 16x16 in the General Tab of the ImageList Control Properties dialog box prior to loading your icon.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Basic 6.0.
To reproduce this bug, you will need a 16x16 icon file.
- Start 32-bit Visual Basic 4.0, or, if it is already running, click New Project on the File menu.
- Add an ImageList control to the Form1 form.
- Right-click the ImageList control and click Properties. The ImageList Control Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Images tab, click the Insert Picture button and insert your 16x16 icon into the ImagesList control. Click the General tab and note that the size remains at 32x32.
Additional query words: kbVBp400bug kbVBp600fix kbVBp kbdsd kbDSupport kbControl
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB168797