Microsoft KB Archive/168789
How to Play a Sound File at a Specified Time Using System Agent
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Plus! for Windows 95
If you have Microsoft Plus! for Windows 95 and a functional sound card installed, you can create a new task in System Agent to play a sound at a specified time. This might be useful if you want to play a chime at noon or hear a reminder to take a break at a certain time every day.
To create a new task in System Agent to play a sound at a specified time, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Agent.
- On the Program menu, click Schedule A New Program.
Type the following text in the Program box:
c:\windows\sndrec32.exe /play /close <path to sound file>
For example, to play the "The Microsoft Sound.wav" file, you would type:
c:\windows\sndrec32.exe /play /close c:\windows\media\ the microsoft sound.wav
- Click When To Run. Choose how often to play the sound file in the Run box, and then choose a time to play the sound file in the Start At box.
- Click OK, and then close System Agent.
Keywords : kbsound kbtool win95
Issue type : kbhowto
Technology : kbWin95search kbGamesSearch kbPlusSearch kbWin95 kbPlus95
Last Reviewed: December 16, 2000