Microsoft KB Archive/168648
Article ID: 168648
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168648
The Inbox Repair Tool is a tool designed to help repair behaviors associated with Personal Folder files (.pst). It also repairs Offline Store Files (.ost) and Mail Message Files (.mmf). The Inbox Repair Tool ships with Microsoft Windows 95 and on the Microsoft Office 97 CD-ROM.
If the Inbox Repair Tool was installed with Windows 95, follow these steps to use the tool:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then point to System Tools.
- Click Inbox Repair Tool.
If Inbox Repair Tool is not listed under System Tools, it may not have been installed as part of the Windows 95. If this is the case, you may want to run it from the Office 97 CD-ROM. You do not need to copy it to your hard drive since it is a tool used in rare cases only.
To run the Inbox Repair Tool from the Office 97 CD-ROM, follow these steps:
- Insert your Microsoft Office 97 Compact Disc in the CD-ROM drive. If the contents of the CD-ROM is not automatically displayed, right-click Start, click Explore, and then click your CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the Office folder, and then double-click the WMS folder.
- If you are running Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0, double-click the Win95 folder. If you running Windows NT 3.51, double-click the Winnt folder.
- Double-click Scanpst.exe to launch the Inbox Repair Tool.
Keywords: kbhowto KB168648