Microsoft KB Archive/168616
Article ID: 168616
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168616
You may discover the following errors in the Windows NT Event Viewer Application log:
Event ID - 2079, Source: MSExchangeIS Private, Category: Transport, Type: Stop, Description, Unable to submit, send, or transfer out a message. No recipient was found in the envelope. Event ID - 2219, Details, Source: MSExchangeMTA, Category: Field Engineering, Type: Stop Description The MTA is running recovery on the internal message database because the MTA was not shut down cleanly. This operation may take some time. Status updates will be written to the Windows NT Event Log. [%1 %2 %3 %4] (14)
Out of Office messages are left in the Internet Mail Connector Outbound Messages Waiting Delivery queue.
Disable the Out Of Office Responses to the Internet by starting the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program and following these steps:
- Select the Configuration container and then select the Connections container.
- Open the properties page of the Internet Mail Connector (IMC) and click the Internet Mail tab.
- Under Interoperability, check the Disable Out Of Office Responses to the Internet check box.
If this problem is associated only with messages that are addressed to sites with multiple MX records, please refer to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
169781 XFOR: IMC Fails to Send Mail to Domains with Multiple MX Records
To confirm that these messages are OOF replies, start the Exchange Server Administrator program and increase the IMC logging (SMTP protocol) to maximum.
Keywords: kbprb KB168616