Microsoft KB Archive/168593
Article ID: 168593
Article Last Modified on 5/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q168593
When running a query created by the Query Designer with report as the output destination, the filter condition does not take effect in the report.
Remove any view or table in the report's DataEnvironment; otherwise, the report uses the table or view instead of the results in the cursor that the query creates.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open Tastrade sample project.
- On the Data tab, select Queries on the project TreeView window, then select New on the right. Click New Query.
- On the Add Table or View dialog box, add customer table and then click Close.
- On Fields tab of the Query Designer, choose Add All.
Using the Visual FoxPro 3.0 or 3.0b Selection Criteria tab or the Visual FoxPro 5.0 or 5.0a Filter tab, set the filter as follows:
Customer.region = "WA"
- From the Query menu, click Query Destination and select Report as the output destination. Click OK.
- On the Query Destination dialog box, place a check next to Page preview. Click the Wizard icon (with a magic wand) on the right, then click Report Wizard.
- On Step 1 of the Report Wizard, select Company_name, City, and Region as the report fields. Click Finish to skip the remaining steps.
- Click Finish again to save the report for later use and return to the Query Destination dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Query Destination dialog box.
- From the Query menu, select Run Query.
Notice that the filter condition does not take effect.
Keywords: kbprb KB168593