Microsoft KB Archive/168587
Article ID: 168587
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168587
If you use the Find Items feature in Microsoft Outlook 97 and you press ALT+I to change the focus to the Messages In list, Outlook may stop responding to the operating system.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Outlook 97 for Windows. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Outlook 97 version 8.02 for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Find Items.
- In Find Items, click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Messages tab.
- In the "Search for the word(s)" box, type some text.
- Click New Search.
- When prompted with "This will clear your current search," click OK.
- Press ALT+I.
Outlook stops responding.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB168587