Microsoft KB Archive/168570
Article ID: 168570
Article Last Modified on 2/23/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168570
When you delete a file, it may not appear in the Windows NT Recycle Bin. You may also receive an error message if you double-click on the Recycle Bin.
By design, files deleted by network clients never go into the Recycle Bin, so make sure the files in question were deleted locally.
Permissions on the C:\Recycled directory may be too restrictive.
Administrators should have ownership of the Recycled directory. To take ownership of the directory, perform the following:
- Log on as Administrator.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the directory and select Properties/Ownership.
- Use the option to Take Ownership of the directory.
Restore default permissions to the directory with the permissions option.
Administrators Full Control Creator/Owner Full Control Everyone Change System Full Control
Additional query words: recycle watson delete files prodnt
Keywords: kbui KB168570