Microsoft KB Archive/168533
Article ID: 168533
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168533
When messages sent from Microsoft Mail client include tabs, Microsoft Exchange Client may receive them with the tabs changed to two facing brackets:
This may be due to insufficient compatibly between Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Mail.
To resolve this problem:
- Open the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program Configuration\Connections and double-click the Microsoft Mail connector.
- Click the Interchange tab and then select the "Maximize MS Mail 3.x Compatibility" check box.
- Stop and restart the MS Mail Connector Interchange and PCTMA services.
- Send another message to confirm that the tabs are received as spaces or blanks, not as brackets
Additional query words: square blocks.
Keywords: kbnetwork kbprb kbusage KB168533