Microsoft KB Archive/108373
Article ID: 108373
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Schedule+ 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Schedule+ 1.0a
This article was previously published under Q108373
In versions 1.0 and 1.0a of Microsoft Schedule+ for Windows, the Schedule+ Demo requires that the working directory be the directory containing the demonstration program files (PLAY.EXE, SCHDPLUS.EXE, DEMOFX.DEX, and CBLIB3.DLL).
This can create problems when you run Schedule+ from the network (a network installation). Typically, a network administrator would want to limit the directories that contain executable files to Read Only status. However, with the Schedule+ Demo configuration, this is not possible.
The following steps outline a procedure to create an alternate directory for just the Schedule+ Demo files:
- Create the directory X:\SCHDDEMO on the file server, where X is the server from which the Schedule+ Demo files are to be run.
- Copy the following files from the SCHDPLUS directory to the newly created shared directory:
- From the Windows File Manager File menu, choose Associate. In the Files With Extension box, type les. In the Associate With box type PLAY.EXE. Choose OK.
- From the Windows Program Manager File menu, choose New, then select Program Item. Then type the following information:
In This Box Type Description Schedule+ Demo Command Line x:\schddemo\schdplus.les Working Directory x:\schddemo
You should now be able to run the Schedule+ Demo by double-clicking the Schedule+ Demo icon or by double-clicking the SCHDPLUS.LES file in File Manager.
Additional query words: 1.00 1.00a