Microsoft KB Archive/108217
Office: Setup and Uninstall Leaves Directory Structure Intact
1.00 WINDOWS kbsetup
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel for Windows, version 5.0
- Microsoft Word for Windows, version 6.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows, version 4.0
- Microsoft Works for Windows, version 3.0
- Microsoft Office for Windows, version 4.0
- Microsoft Office for Windows, version 7.0
When you use the Setup program to install, uninstall, or remove any of the above applications, the existing directory structure is unchanged.
This behavior is a function of Setup. Setup behaves in this fashion so that files and .INI entries that were not created by the host application are not deleted. The Setup program deletes only what it installed.
For example, if you are updating PowerPoint 3.0 to PowerPoint 4.0, the old PowerPoint 3.0 files are removed but their empty directories will not be deleted.
Additional query words: 1.0 1.00 acme acmsetup.exe macppt winppt clipart timesavr 35mslide b&wovrhd vidscren remove all
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: April 13, 2000