Microsoft KB Archive/108171
PSS ID Number: 108171
Article Last Modified on 12/2/2002
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft FoxPro for MS-DOS
This article was previously published under Q108171
The FoxPro for MS-DOS resource file (by default FOXUSER.DBF and its associated memo file, FOXUSER.FPT) contains 18 default color sets when FoxPro is first installed. If this information is deleted or damaged, no color sets are listed in the Load Color Sets dialog box of the Color Picker.
To restore the original color sets, run the PROINST.PRG program.
To view the color sets
- From the Window menu, choose Color. This displays the Color Picker dialog box.
- Choose the Load button. This displays the Color Sets dialog box.
This dialog box is empty if the resource file does not contain any color sets.
To restore the default color sets
CAUTION: The PROINST.PRG program overwrites the resource file currently in use. Any information currently stored in the resource file, such as Browse window settings and diary data, will be lost.
- Make sure the correct resource file (the one you want to contain the color sets) is in use.
NOTE: Use the SYS(2005) function to check the current resource file.
- Run PROINST.PRG from the main FoxPro directory.
- When prompted for the source drive (the floppy drive you will insert a FoxPro installation disk in) use the SPACEBAR to choose the appropriate drive, then press the ENTER key.
- Insert FoxPro Installation Disk 2 in the source drive.
- When prompted, choose your monitor type, then press the ENTER key.
- You may be prompted to overwrite your FoxUser (resource) file. Choose Yes to overwrite the current resource file with the information for the seven color sets.
- In the FoxPro Optional Products Installation Procedure dialog box, press the DOWN ARROW key to select Color Sets, and then press the SPACEBAR.
- Press the ENTER key to begin the installation. When asked if you want to begin the installation, choose Yes.
A message box that says "Installation complete. Press any key to continue." appears. After you press a key, FoxPro automatically quits, exiting to an MS-DOS prompt.
The original color sets will be available the next time FoxPro is run.
Additional query words: FoxDos colorsets akz
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbFoxproSearch kbZNotKeyword3