Microsoft KB Archive/108169
Restoring the Default FoxUser (Resource File) Color Sets
The information in this article applies to:
The FoxPro for MS-DOS resource file (by default FOXUSER.DBF and its associated memo file, FOXUSER.FPT) contains eight default color sets when FoxPro is first installed. If this information is deleted or damaged, no color sets are listed in the Load Color Sets dialog box of the Color Picker.
To restore the resource file to its original eight color sets, run the INSTALL.APP application. (You do not actually need to install any programs; you can quit INSTALL.APP at the first opportunity, as described below.)
To view the color sets
1. From the Window menu, choose Color. This displays the Color Picker
2. Choose the Load button. This displays the Color Sets dialog box. This dialog box is empty if the resource file does not contain any color sets.
To restore the color sets
CAUTION: The resource file currently in use is overwritten by INSTALL.APP. Any information currently stored in the resource file, such as printer drivers, Browse window settings, and diary data, will be lost.
1. Make sure the correct resource file (the one you want to contain the
color sets) is in use. NOTE: To check this, choose About FoxPro from the System menu, then choose the Next button. This dialog box displays the current resource file. Alternatively, you can use the SYS(2005) function to display the current resource file.
2. Run INSTALL.APP from the main FoxPro directory (usually FOXPRO25 in
FoxPro version 2.5 and FOXPRO2 in FoxPro version 2.0).
3. When prompted, choose your monitor type, then press the ENTER key. 4. You may be prompted to overwrite your FoxUser (resource) file. Choose
Yes to overwrite the current resource file with the default resource file information, which contains the color sets.
5. In FoxPro version 2.5, choose the Cancel button in the Select Source
Drive dialog box. In FoxPro version 2.0, choose the OK button in the Select Source Drive dialog box.
6. In the Programs To Install dialog box, choose the Abort button. When
asked if you want to abort the installation, choose Yes.
FoxPro automatically quits, exiting to an MS-DOS prompt. The default color sets will be available the next time FoxPro is run.
Additional reference words: FoxDos 2.00 2.50 2.50a 2.50b colorsets KBCategory: kbprg KBSubcategory:
Last Reviewed: April 18, 1995