Microsoft KB Archive/108100
Article ID: 108100
Article Last Modified on 10/9/1999
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q108100
When using Sun Select's PC-NFS with Windows for Workgroups 3.11, you may receive the following error message upon executing the PC-NFS files in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file:
This error occurs when the PC-NFS protocol is bound to more than one network card in the PROTOCOL.INI file. PC-NFS allows for only one binding. Windows for Workgroups 3.11, when installed on a machine with more than one network card, adds the PC-NFS protocol to all network adapters listed in the PROTOCOL.INI file.
To eliminate this error message, the PC-NFS protocol should be removed from all but one of the network cards listed in PROTOCOL.INI. To do this, use the following steps:
- If Windows for Workgroups fails to start after receiving the error message at startup, start Windows with the following command:
- Double-click the Network Setup icon in the Network group, then choose the Drivers button.
- Locate the network adapter(s) to which you do NOT want to bind the PC- NFS protocol. Select PC-NFS Protocol under each of these listed adapters and then choose Remove.
- Choose OK, and allow Windows for Workgroups to make all suggested changes to your configuration files. Once this is done, reboot the machine.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Windows for Workgroups version 3.11. We are researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Additional query words: err msg 3rdparty 3.11 pc nfs Sun Select unix